- 1 bunch kale, ripped from center stem
- 1/2 tbsp coconut butter
- 2 tbsp raisins
- Coconut water, as needed (I started with about 1/2 cup and added another 1/4 cup during cooking)
- In a medium saucepan, heat 1/4 cup of coconut water and 1/2 tbsp coconut butter over medium heat until coconut butter is completely melted.
- Add raisins and sauté for 30 seconds
- Add kale and sauté until kale is bright green and wilted down
- Stir often
About the author
Melissa Kavanaugh is a first year graduate student at Drexel University. She is working towards her Masters in Human Nutrition and is completing the requirements to become a Registered Dietitian. Melissa earned her undergraduate degree from Rutgers University in Accounting and Finance and worked in industry for 4 years before deciding to change careers and pursue her true passions: nutrition and fitness. In addition to nutrition, Melissa went back to school for fitness and currently holds Personal Training and Group Fitness certifications from the American Council on Exercise. She teaches weekly ballet bar and strength training classes in addition to working one on one with clients to achieve their fitness goals. Melissa enjoys cooking and creating fun and easy recipes. She is excited and honored to be a contributor to OncoLink.