Summer is berry time! Here are some great recipes to enjoy berries all summer long.
Lemon Cream with Blueberries
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 8 pitted dates, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 (12-ounce) package silken tofu, drained
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
Instructions: Combine 1 tablespoon lemon zest, lemon juice, dates, vanilla, cardamom and tofu in a blender. Puree ingredients until smooth, scraping down the sides of the blender with a spatula as needed. Divide lemon cream evenly among four bowls, ramekins or serving glasses. Garnish each portion with blueberries and reserved lemon zest. Serve immediately or chill until ready to serve.
Recipe obtained from www.wholefoodsmarket.com
Berry Yogurt Pops
- 1/2 Cup of smashed berries
- 5 oz of either plain or flavored Greek Yogurt
- Optional: 1 tbsp of either crushed nuts, sprinkles, chocolate chips, crushed sugar cone, crushed Oreos or crushed graham crackers
Instructions: Smash up berries in a bowl. Mix the berries into the yogurt and layer into the molds, ice cube tray or plastic cups. Place a popsicle stick, a chopstick or small plastic spoon into each cup. Freeze for at least 4 hrs or overnight. Remove from freezer, let stand 5 minutes, remove from mold and enjoy! This recipe makes about 4-8 popsicles depending on the size of the molds.
Strawberry Kalamata olive Salad
- 1 cup pitted Kalamata olives, drained
- 1 cup strawberries, rinsed, dried and quartered
- ½ cup pitted chopped dates
- ½ cup blue cheese crumbles
- ½ cup candied walnuts
- 5 oz spring mix lettuce
Instructions: Assemble all ingredients and dress with your favorite salad dressing. Looking for home-made vinaigrette? American Test Kitchen is your go to guide at https://www.americastestkitchen.com/recipes/4887-foolproof-vinaigrette
Recipe obtained from https://foodmatch.com/recipes/detail/strawberry-kalamata-salad
Audrey Caspar-Clark MS, RD, LDN, Doris Piccinin, MS, RD, CDE, CSO, LDN, Carly Roop, RD, CSO, MA, LDN, and Caroline Meehan, RDN, CSOWM, LDN, CDCES are the registered dietitians at the Abramson Cancer Center at Perelman Center for Advanced Medicine who specialize in cancer nutrition and provide information based on sound nutritional therapies to support patients throughout their cancer treatment.